Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Tear's in my eye's

I saw the picture, I read the name, I read the obituary, that new's and being able to put two and two together sometime's doesn't sink in for awhile. As I read further my heart cracked alittle more and the gravity of the loss sank in and that's where the tear's start.
Then some of the memories start to come to the surface and it doesn't get any easier from that point on.
I know the family has it even worse, and my sympathy and condolences are with you all.
I grew up with Ronald David Robinson in Anchorage, Alaska during our younger year's, my family moved away to the lower fourty-eight in ninteen sixty five, which separated our frienship for four year's, all the while our kindred spirit stayed connected and in ninteen sixty nine(a very good year) I hitched a ride back to my home town of Anchorage, and my friend moved me right in to his house.
Our friendship never stopped, mile's separated us for a time, but when true friend's have that bond it will last forever.
Spending the next few year's around each other we added to the memories and experience's sharing in a life that we thought would never end, yes we wrote that song and when we were together it's a wonder that we made it as long as we did, we were crazy but more than once glad to be alive.
I want to take a moment and share what this is doing in my heart, for I miss Ronnie and will have no more time with him, that to me is almost unfathomable. So in thinking about my friendship with other's I hope I have this down, I try to be there for people,friend's and family,not nessisarilly in that order, for I need to be ready to give of myself to any one of those I have mentioned back there, if I want to maintain what Ronnie and I had built into our friendship, then truely it has to come from with in my heart toward's all other's.
We should tribute our friend's when they are alive, not after they are gone from us, we should alway's treasure each friendship each day, sometime's that's inconvienient for us, sometime's it hurt's, sometime's it cost's us but when we come out the other end we can say we expierienced true friendship, Ronnie and I came out the other end and it wasn't that hard, because niether one of us was looking at what we wanted but at what we could be for each other.
True friendship is hard to come by in this day and age but we all have the same shot at it, is it going to be my best shot? and will you even take aim?
Oh how the Church would do to get ahold of this kind of message and believe it in their heart's, that's when it will flourish and grow beyond their wildest dream's.
I hope it won't be a sad outcome, but one of hope brought to us by one that has gone on before, passed on to the other side, still sharing from the life he left, a lesson I cherish and learned from my best buddy and life long friend, Ronald David Robinson, this is in memory of you my friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment